- PAST SUMMITS
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
October 15-16, 2018 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s 3rd Annual Insider Threat Symposium will focus on the efforts to develop insider threat programs across government agencies and private sector industry in order to provide them with the information and resources needed to deter, detect, and mitigate insider threats.
October 2018 Speakers Include:
- William “Bill” Evanina, Director, National Counterintelligence and Security Center, ODNI
- MG Joseph Whitlock, USA, Director, Army G-34/Protection
- Roger Stanton, Assistant Director, Insider Threat Office, FBI
- Brian McGill, Director, Threat Management, Pentagon Force Protection Agency
- R. Wayne Belk, Co-Director, National Insider Threat Task Force, ODNI
- Michael Seage, Director DoD Insider Threat Management Analysis Center
- Jeff Maille, Acting Director, Insider Threat Office, NGA
- Jackie Atiles, Director, Insider Threat Program Department of State
Why You Should Attend This Symposium
- DSI’s Insider Threat Symposium will bring together leaders from the IC, DoD, Federal Agencies, Private Industry, and Academia to discuss the efforts to develop and integrate successful insider threat programs.
- In today’s ever-evolving technological era, organizations are facing increasingly complex threats. One of the most challenging threats can often come from within an organization. US Government agencies are actively combating such insider threats to protect highly sensitive information from improperly spreading and undermining our nation’s security. This symposium will focus on how to counter such threats. The solutions are both technical, including monitoring software and increased data security; as well as human, such as enhanced screening processes and behavioral analytics.
- Participants in this forum will have the rare opportunity to hear from government and industry leaders to better understand the requirements and support necessary to combat, prevent, and detect insider threats by employing a combination of cyber measures, communication strategies, employee training programs, and leadership support.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our symposium’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from operational leaders, the R&D Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
The Only Whole of Govt. Insider Threat Event
2 Days, 20+ Speakers & Opportunities for Industry
Topics to be Covered at the 2018 Symposium:
- – Successful communication strategies to obtain leadership and workforce buy-in for insider threat programs
- – Tackling the challenge of utilizing the most effective insider threat detection analytics to be paired properly with human resource and human capital management functions
- – Utilizing big data analytics to understand models, triggers, and data sets as the first layer of protection against potential threats before turning it over to a human analyst
- – Current technical gaps Government is tackling to combat insider threats and a look at how industry can offer assistance
- – Conducting effective continuous evaluation benchmarks while factoring in limitations of privacy and civil liberties
- – Understanding the latest advancements in the study of behavioral analysis and how it can be applied to predict and prevent an insider threat
At our Symposium you will have the ability to
- – Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing intelligence officers and analysts.
- – Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- – Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, IC, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The symposium is considered an educational and training forum.
- * Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
- The Insider Threat Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
- Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
SPONSORS AND SUPPORTING PARTNERS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.