- PAST EVENTS
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
October 20-21, 2021 | National Harbor, MD
Defense Strategies Institute’s 6th Annual Counter-Insider Threat Symposium will bring together senior level officials from the US Government and Industry to discuss the evolving policies, operations, and technologies needed to move towards robust situational management in order to detect, deter and defend against insider risks.
2021 Confirmed Speakers Include:
Michael J Orlando, SES
National Counterintelligence and Security Center
Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency
NCSC Assistant Director ETD
Director, National Insider Threat Task Force
Dr. Brad Millick, SES
Director, Counter-Insider Threat
Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
Dr. Jennifer Obernier, SES
Senior Director, Security & Intelligence Directorate
Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy
Section Chief, Insider Threat Section
Why You Should Attend This Symposium:
As the threat landscape continues to expand so must insider threat program strategies, procedures and supporting technologies. From accounting for new and increased stressors on employees enhanced through the pandemic, the growing reach and sophistication of technical and social strategies of adversaries, the continual rise of mis/disinformation, expanding reach and scope of acts of economic espionage, to vulnerabilities with remote workforces, federal agencies and stakeholders need to ensure they are sharing best practices with one another in order to advance their respective insider threat programs.
Further, insider threats programs will need to adapt in order to best support the “Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity” advancing Zero Trust Architecture. Finally, the recent release of NCSC’s publication “Insider Threat Mitigation for U.S. Critical Infrastructure Entities: Guidelines from an Intelligence Perspective” supports the Administration’s larger emphasis on these sectors, and developing robust insider threat programs is critical for their functional resiliency and reliability.
Whether you are a member of the federal government, industry or academia, join us in October for this collaborative discussion to help all stakeholders improve the robustness of counter insider threat programs across the government.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposiums’ content and focus areas. We assemble key policy makers, leaders in human and technical analysis and respected security experts from a broad range of organizations and institutions. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
*Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
The Only Whole of Govt. Insider Threat Event
2 Days, 16+ Speakers & Opportunities for Industry
2 Days, 16+ Speakers & Opportunities for Industry
– Current and evolving threat landscape from a counterintelligence perspective
– Emphasizing the holistic nature of Insider Threat Programs through the integration of economic and behavioral analysis
– Remote workforce case studies: Successful security assessments and transitioning your insider threat program to account for increased remote environment
– Emerging Threats in the Information Environment and Countering the Impact of Mis/Disinformation
– Modeling and mitigating Insider Risk (MInR)
– Update on Trusted Workforce 2.0
– Zero Trust Architecture and the impact for current and near future Insider Threat Programs
– Supporting technical capabilities including advanced behavioral analytic tools, DLP and UAM
– Strengthening insider threat programs across national critical infrastructure sectors in alignment with NCSC’s publication on Insider Threat Mitigation for U.S.Critical Infrastructure Entities
At our Symposium You Have the Ability To:
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing insider threat programs.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
– DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, IC, DOJ, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
– DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
– The Symposium is open and complimentary to all DoD, IC and Federal employees and is considered an educational forum.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The Counter-Insider Threat Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.